Steak Dry ageing unit.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks CM. I'll look into those. Do I need to control the humidity in the fridge while using them?

I think this was mentioned here before. Personally I wouldnt pay 200$ for a box to put in the fridge. You can buy a mini fridge for that amount and age 2-3 times as much , and use it for other purposes when not aging.

Thanks CM. I'll look into those. Do I need to control the humidity in the fridge while using them?
M, You are all set if you use a full size fridge which removes moisture . A small college size one won't work.

I think this was mentioned here before. Personally I wouldnt pay 200$ for a box to put in the fridge. You can buy a mini fridge for that amount and age 2-3 times as much , and use it for other purposes when not aging.
I agree.

You should also check Craigslist, or a similar site, for a good used refrigerator that you can put in a basement or garage, provided you have the space. When we remodeled the kitchen one of our homes a few years ago, the installers took all of the old appliances at no charge, except the refrigerator, for which they wanted a hefty disposal fee. It was a perfectly good unit so I listed it on Craigslist and it was gone in less than 12 hours for a little under 50% of the unit you're considering.

Additionally, it would be beneficial to consider a small fan (even an old computer fan works well), and a combined thermometer/hygrometer unit to monitor thr temp and humidity. At worst, you shouldn't spend more than $20 for both of those.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky