Steak, by RS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks perfect! Cooked to perfection. I've been doing some Steaks over hot coals, been using Post Oak or Red Oak, thanks to @chopsaw for recommending last year. So much better and stronger tasting. Great work.
Thank you sir!

Man that is a great looking steak. Like others have said......Need a hunk of bread to collect those juices. Altho, I might would have just licked the plate clean.

Jim

Man I like your style. That is a killer way to grill that meal. The plated shot is perfection. Great job Spook!

Man that is a great looking steak. Like others have said......Need a hunk of bread to collect those juices. Altho, I might would have just licked the plate clean.

Jim
No bread for this hombre, sir! I do miss it some but my blood sugar doesn't! 😬

Reactions: JLeonard
Man I like your style. That is a killer way to grill that meal. The plated shot is perfection. Great job Spook!
Thank you sir! My story-tellin still needs work but I am getting a handle on the picture-takin!

Nice steak, and I am in the almost all my smokes I use Mesquite ( except desserts )
or at least a mix with mesquite being the main chunks

Have not done any over open wood cooks , well hot dogs :emoji_sunglasses:

David
Thank you sir! I am going to grill a sirloin for a neighbor today and all this mesquite talk has spurred me to give-in and go buy some bagged mesquite from one of the big box branches...

Reactions: DRKsmoking
DRKsmoking DRKsmoking so, I went and bought the mesquite and grilled 2 huge 1-3/4" thick prime top sirloin steaks for 2 different neighbors and their families - stupid me, no photos - but everyone was overjoyed with their steaks! I got some real nice text messages - nothing else makes me happier. :emoji_thumbsup:

The only downside is that both families eat so late in the day that I am wiped out now! Just got out of the shower from washing the mesquite smoke off of me and now, I am going to bed!

Damn I'm old... :emoji_laughing:

Very nice cook RS! That’s perfect in my book! Love the hit coal sear.

DRKsmoking DRKsmoking so, I went and bought the mesquite and grilled 2 huge 1-3/4" thick prime top sirloin steaks for 2 different neighbors and their families - stupid me, no photos - but everyone was overjoyed with their steaks! I got some real nice text messages - nothing else makes me happier. :emoji_thumbsup:

The only downside is that both families eat so late in the day that I am wiped out now! Just got out of the shower from washing the mesquite smoke off of me and now, I am going to bed!

Damn I'm old... :emoji_laughing:

Nice when it works out and they actually acknowledge it also. Good on you

I also did 2 different styles of pork racks of ribs for yesterdays supper, full on Mesquite

David

Reactions: Retired Spook
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky