Stand for my MES

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jacobss914

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 10, 2010
North of Dayton, Ohio
I'm a fabricator at heart, I love to work with metal and I modify everything from my motored toys, to my son's bike.  So why not the MES????  I got into the mod section and looked at everything, but nothing fitted my needs as far as a cart goes.  So I am picking up one of these tonight and swapping it out for a tool cart I have that I use with my Mig welder.

at $89.99 on sale its a bargain.

7d28a349_Screenshot2010-09-17at6.58.22AM.png

I will add a top made out of OSB, and then cover with a sheet of SS or Formica depending on what I find in the scrap yard tomorrow.  I will end up paining it up, and also painting he MES to match.

Here's the plan for the final drawing sorry for the crude look of the unit.

d2175eb5_Screenshot2010-09-17at7.13.58AM.png

I will be adding a counter balance on the left side to make up for the weight of the MES, over all height to the controls is right at 50"s, I'm 6'2" so that's not a bad working height for me.

I want something different, I want to store all my smoking supplies and tools in one spot, and have a counter to work from.  I also need it to be easy to clean.

Thoughts or suggestions welcome.  I have not 100% locked in on the side supports, I will probably make it out of sheet metal, and could just bend it out on a brake and be done.  I really want to do it more old school, and build it out separate and then put it all together with rivets, sort of old school aircraft look.  I smoke out front of my garage so the wheels and cart are a natural fit for he space.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky