stalled

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

redneck69

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Western Nebraska
i did a pork shoulder in my MES 40 yesterday.  started it up at 7:30 am, at 225 degrees, by 2:30 pm the internal temp got to 180 and stalled. after watching it for an hour of it sitting at the same temp i bumped it up to 235 degrees and double wrapped in foil til it got to 200 degrees which took about 2 hours and 15 min. pulled the shoulder out and wrapped in a towel and placed in a cooler for 30 min.  pulled it out and it was like jello.  bone pulled out with no issues and the meat seperated real nice.  sorry no q view...the wife thinks im nuts for posting pics to the forum..lol 

Last edited:
Show her this
icon_mrgreen.gif

d131ec88_ThreadisUseless.jpg

i did a pork shoulder in my MES 40 yesterday.  started it up at 7:30 am, at 225 degrees, by 2:30 pm the internal temp got to 180 and stalled. after watching it for an hour of it sitting at the same temp i bumped it up to 235 degrees and double wrapped in foil til it got to 200 degrees which took about 2 hours and 15 min. pulled the shoulder out and wrapped in a towel and placed in a cooler for 30 min.  pulled it out and it was like jello.  bone pulled out with no issues and the meat seperated real nice.  sorry no q view...the wife thinks im nuts for posting pics to the forum..lol 
Hey Redneck---Been married 42 years (in two weeks)----Just tell her, "So I'm nuts---What else is new?"  
wink.gif

Bear

Hey.. that looks like my oldest son holding the "useless" sign.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky