Stainless GOSM.......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's amazing and definitely does explain why nobody can find them anymore. That is the exact smoker that I have except for the name on the front. I wonder how much Vermont is charging for them.

I got a local ph# from the store locator on that site. They said it would cost $499.00 + tax and take about 10 days to get it in stock. There has to be a better deal from an online source but I haven't found one yet.

If they want $499 for the stainless steel Big Block version then I will be quite happy with the $189 non-stainless steel Big Block I currently have. In a few years I will replace it for something better or another non-stainless steel Big Block and still may have a few bucks left in my pocket. Even a smooth $400 would be too high for what little you gain with the stainless version. Drop the price to $300 and then you will have my attention. I live in South Louisiana in the swamp with high humidity where i have owned a non-stainless steel Cajun Cooker that is about 25 years old and the rust mites have not really gotten to it yet. I would not be surprised if my Big Block lasts over 10 years. :roll:

That sure is pretty, but not $500 pretty. It's nice to know it is at least still made. Hopefully we will run across a reasonable online source for purchase. :(

Good work Redlines!!!

I'm looking for a big block, but from what I've read, I definitely don't want the one like from Walmart, but it sounds like that's all I'm apt to find...

Wal-Mart sells the Wide Body which is only 20 inches wide. Get the Big Block that is 24 inches in width to have plently of room for briskets.

TheRedlines, I don't know how you came across that site but that's exactly what I've been looking for, for almost two years now. 8)

I've called CFM a few times since they bought the GOSM line of smokers and chewed them out for not having any information about them anywhere on the Internet. :?

At least they're not dead! :D I believe the price will come down from the MSRP when it hits the retail market. I paid $325 each for mine. And heard a few moths later that they dropped to $295 each, but you couldn't find them anywhere. (must have been a clearence sale :( )

I appreciate the link! Maybe they'll start showing up in more places.

Well I read an article about how there are really only two big manufacturers of BBQs out there and that CFM owned both Vermont castings and Great Outdoors so I decided to check VC for smokers. Anyways, I sure hope they do come down in price but for the time being I've got a black GOSM BB to be delivered monday.

It qualified for the free shipping so that was a definite plus. Says shipping weight 90#s and it's shipping by DHL. Estimated date of the 9th. I sure hope it gets here in one piece!

Well, she showed up. A little beaten and bruised. The bottom two "ears" on the left side which hold the wood pan grate up were snapped off during the shipment so I've come up with a quick fix for the time being. I might just use a couple of blocks to hold it up so I can at least give this bad boy a shot. I'll keep you all updated.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky