St. Louis style ribs for supper tonight

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bigtank

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 10, 2018
Algona IA
Made St. Louis style ribs with Boiled Taters & Scalloped Onions. I tried a new seasoning that everyone really enjoyed. I ran the RT on low for a 1/2 hour then bumped it up to 200 for 30 minutes then let it run at 225. After 3 hours I wrapped in butcher paper for 2 hours. Finished them with no wrap, glazed them a coat of Countryside BBQ Sauce for the last 30 minutes.

IMG_0002.JPG
All seasoned up and ready to go on the RT

IMG_0004.JPG
I used PS Blue Ribbon Competition Style Rib Rub. It's very flavorful rub with virtually no heat. (I used to love heat but since my cancer and radiation treatments of my mouth and tongue I can't tolerate spicy)
IMG_0007.JPG

Ready to carve.
IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

Time to eat!

Last edited:
Nice job on those ribs tank. They look perfect from up here.

Point for sure
Chris

Love the ribs, they look excellent! Scalloped onions... tell me more please! We sure love onions, and anything scalloped honestly.

Ryan

Love the ribs, they look excellent! Scalloped onions... tell me more please! We sure love onions, and anything scalloped honestly.

Ryan
Where are you from? I live in Algona.
Here is the Scalloped Onion recipe.

Scalloped Onions

2 lb Sweet Vedalia Onions Peeled, Halved and Sliced
3 Tbls All Purpose Flour
1 Pint Heavy Cream
1 tsp Seasoning Salt (I prefer Johnny’s)
½ Cup Crushed Ritz Crackers
2 Tbls Melted Butter
Non-Stick Spray

Preheat oven to 375 F. Convection oven preferred.
Spray 2 qt casserole with non-stick spray.
Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil in a stock pot, add onions and cook until they just start to become tender (Do Not Over Cook). Drain and place onions in casserole.
Wisk flour and seasoning salt into the cream and pour over the onions, stir gently.
Mix crackers and butter, sprinkle over the onion mixture evenly.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes, let rest 10 minutes before serving.

Where are you from? I live in Algona.
Here is the Scalloped Onion recipe.

Scalloped Onions

2 lb Sweet Vedalia Onions Peeled, Halved and Sliced
3 Tbls All Purpose Flour
1 Pint Heavy Cream
1 tsp Seasoning Salt (I prefer Johnny’s)
½ Cup Crushed Ritz Crackers
2 Tbls Melted Butter
Non-Stick Spray

Preheat oven to 375 F. Convection oven preferred.
Spray 2 qt casserole with non-stick spray.
Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil in a stock pot, add onions and cook until they just start to become tender (Do Not Over Cook). Drain and place onions in casserole.
Wisk flour and seasoning salt into the cream and pour over the onions, stir gently.
Mix crackers and butter, sprinkle over the onion mixture evenly.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes, let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Nw of cherokee.

Beautiful ribs! Hard to beat a plate like that, amazing color. Thanks for the scalloped onion recipe, that one will be tried here soon!

Also, I think my family used to stop off for ice cream at Algona on the way to Okoboji from Cedar Falls. Good memories!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky