St Louis ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tenpoint

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 6, 2021
Having a party next weekend and wanted to smoke some ribs for it. No time to do it day of so I’ll just vacuum seal and freeze until then. Had three racks. Each rack got a different rub. The two together got the same Bitchin’ Bob’s original sauce for a finish and the third got a honey chipotle sauce. Third was a spicy rub. First time trying spicy ribs. I had to make sure they were edible. Really liked the spicy rib. Added some brown sugar to that one for a bit of balance. All turned out pretty good.

AF90EDE0-796A-4E95-8479-5DC7D9863E6D.jpeg

Your ribs look delicious! And they are gonna be just as tasty next week! I think ribs are my favorite meal to smoke.

Ryan

Reactions: tenpoint
I've got a brisket flat in the freezer I smoked a couple weeks ago and a venison Mississippi roast that I shredded for sandwiches as well. That should cover the meats. Still want to smoke some beans the day before if I can fit it in.

Very nice! Do you have a reheat plan?
I'm thinking covered aluminum pan in the oven then maybe a warm crockpot. Not entirely sure how I want to reheat. Welcome any suggestions.

“If” you have a turkey fryer, you can do a low simmer right in the vac bags. If you have to take them out of the bags, yeah a covered pan, put some liquid in the bottom, give them plenty of time 30-40 min @350 ish

Depending on dry vs sauced, if dry sprinkle a little rub on top once heated right before serving, if saucing get them warm then sauce and heat a bit longer for it to set.

Last edited:
Reactions: tenpoint
WOW, the rub sweat photo has got some nice color.
Yea that’s about an hour after rubbing. Sometimes I’ll rub the night before but these I just did an hour before throwing them on. I can’t seem to notice any difference in end results.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky