St. Louis Ribs...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
...again. These are my favorite pork ribs to cook. Lately I've been fairly busy and haven't been doing much cooking, those responsibilities had fallen on my wife, but my neighbor just returned from vacation and brought me a rub that they really liked when they tasted it at a store. I had some ribs and this new rub so why not?

Here we go...

A rack of ribs and the new rub. I dusted the ibs and let them sit in the fridge for several hours. It is a light colored mix and you can't hardly see it on the ribs, but it is there...
20220804_130516[1].jpg

20220804_130507[1].jpg

20220804_130554[1].jpg

Cranked up my Oklahoma Joe Highland with some hickory and once the smoke cleared, put them on. After about 3 hours...
20220804_172247[1].jpg

An hour or so later, time to sauce with a homemade red sauce...
20220804_180403[1].jpg

20220804_183451[1].jpg

I went to a local farmer's market and picked up some string beans, sweet potatoes, and a cantaloupe.

Green beans were coated with EVOO, coarse salt & pepper, and roasted for about 20-25 minutes at 425℉. Then added 3 cloves of minced garlic and maybe ¼ - ½ cup of slivered almonds. Stirred it all together to get everything coated and returned to the oven for maybe 5 more minutes just until the almonds start to get some color.

The sweet potatoes were peeled and cut into 1" cubes. Coated with EVOO and honey, no salt & pepper. Also roasted in the oven at 425℉ until tender and starting to get some brown around the edges.

Broke out the fine china, time to eat...
20220804_184014[1].jpg

I was impressed with the rub and it worked well on the ribs and the red sauce really complimented it well. I'll have to try it on some beef or chicken next to see how that tastes.

We really enjoy our fresh vegetables roasted and like many others, we roast almost all of them. It's always the same basic technique with the EVOO, coarse salt & pepper, and maybe honey, though sometimes the spices may change.

Very nice.

I'll be hitting up our local farm stands tomorrow for some goodies. I have a rack of babybacks for Sunday.

Very very nice Charles. We love fresh green beans done the way you did them. I tend to put them in a CI skillet and do them on the grill, but same concept. All in all a very nice meal, and I'm a cantaloupe junkie, especially this time of year. Cold and juicy really hits the spot.

Robert

I love the way the ribs look! And the chicken too! :emoji_laughing:

Ryan

That's one fine lookin' rack right there Charles, nice piece of work! I only buy spares anymore, love the little fatty ends. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky