SRF Wagyu Mushroom Bacon Burger!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
The wife picked up a couple of lbs of SRF Wagyu this afternoon....my response was what time do you want me home!!!!
E671DCAF-CE4B-44F0-891F-D00A30B8711E.jpeg

It is a 75/25 burger....seasoned up with some Pit Boss Chop House Steak and a slight sprinkle of salt.
9410A89E-34AB-48F4-84A7-389054F226C0.jpeg

Searing up on the grill grated Weber
648BF596-965D-40AA-9522-7DD036734F07.jpeg

The fixen spread.
1CB9C9A5-47D4-4DA2-9C68-EBDAA51F98F3.jpeg

All plated up with some seasoned pork rinds
C6202608-5896-4DDD-9CBA-7245A6CB9855.jpeg

This WAS a two handed burger!!!
273F767B-3091-4452-880A-3B8D98870637.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks great. Taste any better then homegrown beef?

Heck Yea. Pork rinds are an awesome touch! Big Like!
Thanks 5grillzmtn! A good pork rind adds that crisp element and just savory experience! A good substitute for fries.

Looks great. Taste any better then homegrown beef?

PC, I was a little skeptical but it was pretty dang good! The wife said it was like a rib eye was ground up fresh and grilled.

PS I consider SRF home grown...LOL!

PC, I was a little skeptical but it was pretty dang good! The wife said it was like a rib eye was ground up fresh and grilled.

PS I consider SRF home grown...LOL![/QUOTE]

I grow my own soo......... LOL

PC, I sure wish we could have beef at the house. We can have horses and chickens but no pork or beef not enough acreage :-(

Growing up we raised black angus (grain feed) and this was as good!

PC, I sure with we could have beef at the house. We can have horses and chickens but no pork or beef not enough acreage :-(

Growing up we raised black angus (grain feed) and this was as good!

Ok so you know what homegrown is like, and you say it is this is better. Just trying to get a feel for it. I cant get it around here

PC we also had a walk-in at the house growing up that could hold 2 beef at a time so it’s really hard to compare fresh ground 21 day and go right to grill....this was close!

Fueling Around & shoebe thanks for the likes! They are appreciated!

PC we also had a walk-in at the house growing up that could hold 2 beef at a time so it’s really hard to compare fresh ground 21 day and go right to grill....this was close!

I would love to have a walk in cooler.

I’m with ya! It was awesome as a kid to take friends in to get a gallon of milk when meat was hanging. They would freak!

Motocrash, thanks for the like!

That's one fine looking burger civil, Excellent job.

Point for sure
Chris

That's one fine looking burger civil, Excellent job.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris! It was a tasty experience.....Might just have to have a second go at it tonight...

Mmmmmm.... What a burger! I am hungry and want it... RIGHT NOW! Now you influenced me to make a good burger (for myself only) this Friday, right after I come home from work. Like!

Thanks for the like pushok2018!

We always do a spread like this for home cooked burgers but the Wagyu really ratcheted it up a few notches. I have the belief that a well outfitted burger is the ultimate super food.....ie you have grains, veg, dairy, protein (ie all the food groups) in once beautiful package!....Its what we call the "real food plate"!

That's a great lookin burger . I saved some trim from the brisket I just did . I just might be grinding this afternoon . Thanks for the inspiration .

Love those restaurants remodels . More than one walkin has found a new home around here . Nice to have the use during deer season .

That's a great lookin burger . I saved some trim from the brisket I just did . I just might be grinding this afternoon . Thanks for the inspiration .

Love those restaurants remodels . More than one walkin has found a new home around here . Nice to have the use during deer season .

Chop thanks and you are welcome!

PS, we also had a 72 inch pro range at the house (yes from a restaurant remodel)....the soft serve machine (pancakes and soft serve for breakfast!!!) and a pressured deep fryer as well (KFC at home). Imagine my shock as a kid when I tried to cook on a electric range for the first time :emoji_cry:

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokinVOLfan thanks for the like, it is much appreciated!

The wife picked up a couple of lbs of SRF Wagyu this afternoon....my response was what time do you want me home!!!!
View attachment 404970
It is a 75/25 burger....seasoned up with some Pit Boss Chop House Steak and a slight sprinkle of salt.
View attachment 404971
Searing up on the grill grated Weber
View attachment 404972
The fixen spread.
View attachment 404973
All plated up with some seasoned pork rinds
View attachment 404974
This WAS a two handed burger!!!
View attachment 404975
and this serves to remind me that no matter how hard I lick the monitor, I cant' actually taste the pictures...

Reactions: civilsmoker
and this serves to remind me that no matter how hard I lick the monitor, I cant' actually taste the pictures...

Holy smokes that’s FUNNY! I’m going to be laughing for a couple of days!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky