Splittin Wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Since getting a stick burner i needed to spit some wood, (cant find them dang woodchucks now) HA

Didnt want to go huge with a splitter.

Sooooooo

I got this small splitter and a 3lb hammer. Works great for splittin halves.

I need to find a large log to mount it to.

20220301_123159.jpg

20220301_121557.jpg

Where did you pick that up at? Looks pretty clever, I've never seen one like it. I grew up using a splitting maul and wedge, when my father got older and I moved away he ended up borrowing a friends gas log splitter when required. I haven't needed anything lately, but if all goes as planned, I'll be getting a pretty hefty stick burner soon and will need to get back into the game. I'm guessing its available on Amazon? Id prefer an American made product!

Yes Amazon
$60

I found one made in the USA but when i read further it was assembled in the USA with foreign made steel.

Go figure

Reactions: bauchjw
I found one made in the USA but when i read further it was assembled in the USA with foreign made steel.
That's about the norm these days. "Made in the USA from globally sourced materials" is what I see on most everything made domestically.

That's about the norm these days. "Made in the USA from globally sourced materials" is what I see on most everything made domestically.
Yup

I just bought a Troy built tiller. Made in the USA with components made in the US and Abroad

Reactions: DougE
I use mine a lot. I do have a large splitter that I use for big stuff but use the cracker often to split down to smaller pieces. It’s awesome.

That looks like a Great Substitute!!
However, when you left Pennsylvania, you left all the "World Class Woodchuckin' Woodchucks" behind.
Like.

Bear

I've had one of these for a few months. Makes splitting fast and easy. Mount it to a log with some lag bolts and go! I ended up cutting off half the top round circle so I could fit larger pieces in it. I always tend to have a few in the face cord that wont fit and get jammed up in that top part.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky