Split Chicken Breasts With Noodles & Stuff

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by smoking b, May 27, 2014.

1. Since my smoker is tied up with dried beef it was off limits for my meal tonight so I decided to make some chicken to eat. Sunday I got 2 packs of split breasts so I opened up one of them.

This is what I found - not too happy & it will be going back...

Luckily the other pack was ok so it's still on. I put one of the split breasts in a pot with water to cook & flavor some noodles - I will add some of my stock to it as well for more flavor.

These are the noodles I went with - I really like them & the bag even said they are good stuff lol.

That left me with 2 more.

I crushed up 5 cloves of garlic

I stumbled across this cayenne pepper for the brave & decided to use it up.

I mixed the garlic, cayenne pepper for the brave, fresh ground black pepper, some lemon zest, a bit of thyme & some sun dried tomato flakes in with some Italian dressing

& put the chicken in my vacuum tumbler.

I poured the marinade on the chicken,

set the tumbler for 20 minutes & turned it on. I then got some Stubbs going in a chimney...

Here they are after the 20 minute vacuum tumble.

Noodles almost done. At this point I turn them off, put a lid on & they finish on their own without overcooking...

The charcoal was then ready so I dumped it & while the grill was coming to temp

I took a piece of homemade bread & added butter, garlic powder & a wee bit of parsley, basil, thyme, rosemary, oregano, ground bay leaf & sage. I also added some of my crushed Cherry Bomb.

Chicken on the grill...

Toast added...

Noodles done...

As an added benefit I have a nice piece of chicken for lunch tomorrow & that is some fresh sassafras tea being created over to the left there... 

& my plate...

Garlic herb toast

Kluski noodles

& split chicken breast

Very juicy!

For dessert I finished off the chocolate mousse I made yesterday

& washed everything down with some fresh sassafras tea  [​IMG]

This was a very, very easy meal to make & I love how fast the vacuum tumbler marinates everything -  every 20 minutes gets the same result as 12 or more hours marinating in your fridge. This chicken was very flavorful & juicy & just a good eating supper all around...

Thanks for checking out my meal  [​IMG]

newsmokeguy likes this.
  2. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Tasty!

3. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Wow. Looks awesome.

I need a tumbler.

4. seenred

seenred Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

Lookin Delicious!  

[​IMG]

Red

5. Thanks Case  [​IMG]   It was a good meal even though it was quick & easy.
    Thanks man  [​IMG]   I use my tumbler for a lot of stuff - it's handy...

6. waterinholebrew

waterinholebrew Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks awesome SB, very tasty for sure ! Thumbs Up Nice tumbler, I gotta be lookin into one of them bad boys ! :biggrin:

7. Thanks Red  [​IMG]   For something quick & easy it was really good...

8. chestnutbloom

chestnutbloom Smoking Fanatic

9. Thanks Justin  [​IMG]   It was a good easy meal! Yeah I use my tumbler for a lot of stuff - it's a great timesaver  [​IMG]

10. tonyabeachlover

tonyabeachlover Fire Starter

VA
    What was on the first pack of chicken? Slime or mold or something? Eww. :(

11. It was a green mold on one of the breasts - not what I was expecting lol

12. tonyabeachlover

tonyabeachlover Fire Starter

VA
    Eww!! I wouldn't cook it either! :(

13. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Nice looking Chow...I do like them Cherry Bombs!...JJ

14. brooksy

brooksy Master of the Pit

Awesome looking meal!! Most interesting part is the sassafras tea. I have heard of people making it but really didn't know of anyone that actually did till now. I haven't made it in a while tho. Did you make it from the roots?

15. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice [​IMG]. Thanks for posting , made me hungry . Now to the fridge...[​IMG]

16. Thanks man  [​IMG]   It was good  [​IMG]
    Thanks Jimmy  [​IMG]   Yeah they are a very good pepper for lots of things!  [​IMG]

17. Looks great thanks for the great Q-View

18. Thanks Brooksy  [​IMG]   I really enjoyed it! & yup I made it from the roots - I gather some every March which is the time to do it up here  [​IMG]

19. brooksy

brooksy Master of the Pit

I've been telling my girl toy about sassafras tea and seeing yours it might be about time to dig up some roots and make some for her.

20. Thanks Stan  [​IMG]   Hope you found something  [​IMG]
    Around here late spring is the best time to dig them - like I said I got these in March. The warmer it gets the less sap is in the roots & the quality of the tea really goes downhill quick... If your tea doesn't turn out good let me know & I will mail you a few roots...