Spinning a Tri tip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 31, 2014
Michigan
Well I decided to try to spin a Tri tip rubbed with a new seasoning,wanted to try something other then SPOG hope I don't regret the call.:biggrin:

Beautiful looking plate. Well done

Thanks, I could of pulled it a little sooner but still very tasty! I need to start looking up more ideas for spinning maybe a backyard Brazillian steakhouse.:biggrin: Even got a decent smoke ring and taste from one tiny hunk of pecan for such a short smoke.

b-one That is a fine looking plate of food,I still can't find Tri-Tips around here closest thing is the Pichanna. ? why so much coal for that cook? Points

Richie

points.gif

Plated with mushrooms and onion with a side of peas.

Man! You are killin me, my wife is out of town and me and son back from college ate the last 2 hotdogs in the fridge.

I am smokin a brisket right now though!

That is an awesome plate you have there sir.

Thanks RHD, I hate when people eat the last of anything it's my job! Good luck with the brisky I tossed one in at 4 this morning as well!

b-one That is a fine looking plate of food,I still can't find Tri-Tips around here closest thing is the Pichanna. ? why so much coal for that cook? Points
Richie

:points:

Thanks Richie,I'm going to start looking into other tasty options for the rotisserie! I piled the coals up to get it hot and fast wanted a nice sear.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky