Spicy Chili Lime Jerky for a friend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 31, 2012
Canadian Rockies
If you make good jerky, you always have friends. My buddy really liked my Spicy Chili Lime Jerky so he brought me some eye of the round steaks in a not so subtle hint. The full recipe and a tutorial on how to make it is in my prior post https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/spicy-lime-chili-jerky.295132/

Basically, you cut the meat into strips, a little fun with steaks but I got it done.

Then into a marinade with lime juice and Thai Chilies for a day or two.

chili lime jerky 1.jpg

Let them dry.

chili lime jerky 2.jpg

And 2 hours in Bradley P10 at 200 F.

chili lime jerky 3.jpg

The result, a tasty spicy jerky with a nice taste of lime.

chili lime jerky 4.jpg

My buddy was pleased!

Disco

If you make good jerky, you always have friends. My buddy really liked my Spicy Chili Lime Jerky so he brought me some eye of the round steaks in a not so subtle hint. The full recipe and a tutorial on how to make it is in my prior post https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/spicy-lime-chili-jerky.295132/

Basically, you cut the meat into strips, a little fun with steaks but I got it done.

Then into a marinade with lime juice and Thai Chilies for a day or two.

View attachment 467487

Let them dry.

View attachment 467488

And 2 hours in Bradley P10 at 200 F.

View attachment 467489

The result, a tasty spicy jerky with a nice taste of lime.

View attachment 467490

My buddy was pleased!

Disco
It looks great, your craftsmanship is so good, I really want to taste how it tastes!

Looks great disco. Chili lime is probably my favorite flavor combo. I know thats got to be good stuff!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky