Special Fabrication Project For A Special Forum Member (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You obviously do high quality work. As a Santa Maria / Argentine grill owner <<<--- look there I am familiar in what it takes to make an amazing grill.

The movable divider is probably the best option. You might cook for yourself or you might cook for a whole party. It is nice to have the options.

Holy Moly Robert!
Is there anything that you can’t do?
To be able to fabricate on the fly is a special gift!
Al

One day I’ll add a Santa Maria to my tool kit! That thing is beautiful.
The SM is a great concept Jeff. I like the hybrid version over the traditional cable operated version. Seems as though the cables are always problematic, even on the $3000 unit I bought several years ago.

Robert

Craftsmanship at its finest! I cannot wait to see the first cook on functional art!
Thanks Jed!! I'm thinking we will get to see a cook on it pretty darned soon. At least I'm hoping. Not sure yet what that might be but I'm betting it'll be good :emoji_wink:

Robert

• Love
Reactions: bauchjw
Very nice fabrication! Will version 3 have additional features?
Thank you!! Not sure what V3.0 will incorporate but one thing I know it'll come with is a pretty big check to cover expenses :emoji_laughing: There's a LOT of steel in this thing. I'd like to think it'll have some different features so they will all continue to e unique.

Robert

Reactions: chp
WOW! That is something! What a talent you have. He is lucky to be receiving something made with such a high level of craft. And I am sure it will get the kind of use and care you hope for it!
Thank you for the kind words Kimberly. I'd be more inclined to cal this a skill versus a talent. A talent is something you're born with whereas a skill is something you develop over time. I was not born with this ability :emoji_wink: I've no doubt though it will be enjoyed for years to come being that it's built like a battle tank.

Robert

Reactions: bauchjw
A first rate fab job Robert, you know someone will be thrilled and get a lot of great cooks in on that baby, nice work! RAY

Last edited:
Robert that is a mean and lean cooker! The new owner is going to love that!!! Very nice work all around.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky