Spatchy on the mini!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

How does the Mini hold up in cold weather?  talking like 10-35 degrees??  Windy?  
Snug as bug in a rug....

This was a pic the other night when it was pretty cold outside cooking a fatty bird @ 350 but tonight it's about 10 wind chill and the mini  is out there with it's  insulation jacket and it thinks it's summer time....at least behaves like it.... rock solid temps and goes through pennies in fuel.     No tera pot or anyting...just the steamer tray that comes with the tamale pot is in it. 

Last edited:

Snug as bug in a rug....

This was a pic the other night when it was pretty cold outside cooking a fatty bird @ 350 but tonight it's about 10 wind chill and the mini  is out there with it's  insulation jacket and it thinks it's summer time....at least behaves like it.... rock solid temps and goes through pennies in fuel.     No tera pot or anyting...just the steamer tray that comes with the tamale pot is in it. 
I haven't even been using a wind screen or anything and the Mini just chugs along likes its summertime. Was -1 last night, ouch!!!

To all those that can't smoke or BBQ in the winter, BAH Humbug!!!!!

Very nice color on the chicken and the skin looks great too. I have never been able to master the chicken. To me chicken is the hardest to cook consistently.
Thanks!! I think that spatching is one of the best methods for getting a good consistent cook on a chicken. Keeping the rub and overall process simple is another trick I like to use. Then there's the temp, high temp really helps. You still get great smokey flavor, moist meat and crisp skin. Of course having a great little smoker that holds temps right where they need to be also helps. The mini-wsm is on heck of a great smoker!

Very nice indeed..............
grilling_smilie.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky