Spatchcocked Chicken...... The art.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I spatchcocked a chicken last weekend. It turned out great in spite of the temp flair ups.

Like a noob (idiot), I put a full lit chimney on my charcoal and the temps were up into the 300s at times. Luckily, my pork butt was foiled early so it didn't dry out.

I haven't seen anything on the process of spatchcocking, but I smoke mine skin side up for the 1st 1/2 hour then onto the skin for the rest of the smoke to keep the juices from flowing out.

I don't usually smoke chicken, I barbecue it at around 350 degrees over indirect heat. This keeps the skin crispy. I also place mine skin side up for the 1st 1/2 hour then onto the skin.

Breastes down young man..breastes down the whole time. Try it sometime. You will like it. If it dont work out I will send you five bucks to go buy a new chicken. Let me know.

Nice article , Maxrocket. You should post it as a tutorial. Good Q-view.
icon14.gif

Have fun and . . .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky