• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Spatchcock Chicken & Turkey Breast with Bama White Sauce

briggy

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 27, 2014
Had some leftover Alabama white sauce I needed to use so why not a spatchcock chicken and turkey breast.   Both were just killing space in the freezer from a sale so time to make use of them:

Backbones removed from both:

Added Chef Jimmy J's rub and a quick air dry with the fan.  Rub was used both under and over the skin, will be adding butter under the skin before the smoke:

More to come all, here is some homemade bread from earlier today.   Hmmm.....open faced turkey and gravy??

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
Nothing like a good open face sammich!:popcorn:

briggy

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 27, 2014
Just put both on the WSM at 250 with Pecan and Cherry.  Intend just to let the smoker rise from here.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
That looks fantastic!

Point!

Al

okie362

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 2, 2014
That looks really nice.  I've never tried the Bama sauce.  Might have to give it a shot.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.