Spare Ribs 3-2-1 Style -with pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jbg4208

StickBurners
Original poster
Mar 29, 2007
Harrison, AR
Well, I can't say enough about how good this method is for ribs. I have never been able to get ribs this tender before. EVER!! You could pull the bone right out of them. Simply amazing.
I did two racks of spare ribs. Sstarted them at 8:45 sat morning and they finished up about 230 that afternoon. one rack I basted in Budweiser beachwood smoked BBQ sause and the other I left dry. They only problem I had was trying to keep a consistant temp in the smoker. I just had to watch it closer than I thought I would.
I had no complaints from our group at all. I bareley had enough for leftovers the next day. check em out.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Attachment 2414Attachment 2415Attachment 2416
d0e592d9_vbattach12402.jpg

0fca1aed_vbattach12400.jpg

888bf5bc_vbattach12401.jpg

Keywesmoke - yes the skirts were done about 1-1/2 after starting. A very good treat during the rest of the cook.

Squeezy - I like them either way. That is why I did one with and one without. Of course the one without got the sauce on the side.

Meowey - that rub is one I mixed up from a receipe from a magazine that we had. It was called Kansas City rib rub. It's not bad, but I am looking for another to take it's place. I did the mustard layer also. yum.

Thanks for the comments everyone.
Happy smoking
PDT_Armataz_01_06.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky