Spam in my Conversation Box!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Hello,
I didn't know where to put this, but I figured I should alert everyone, especially the Mods & Admins.
This BS sounds entirely too similar to the Phone calls I get from these Phonies from the other side of our planet.
Can the Forum powers that be, please get rid of this.
No way would I give him my Email !!

Thanks,
Bear

Below this line is what was in my Conversation Box:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Mr.Samer Azhari: Good Morning

Please, I'm interested in speaking with you about a business deal I desire to actualize with you. Please to further explore this possibility I would like you to contact me via my email address([email protected]) to give you a brief description of my field of work and the project idea.

Thank You,
    Mr.Samer Azhari

I had the same thing . I reported it . I was wondering how many got it .

Add an attempt to list. I had conversations disabled or I would have had the same message for sure. Felt like spam, and not the good kind.

I had the same thing . I reported it . I was wondering how many got it .

Yeah, I figured the Mods & Admins have always done a Great job In blocking this kind of Crap, so maybe because they're so busy with the new upgrade that this one slipped by.
So I put it out there.
I get sick of the phone calls, and my New "Do Not Call" sign-up didn't take hold yet.
I don't need that stuff here too.

Bear

I thought this thread was going to be about actual spam and that you named your smoker the conversation box.

Alert.jpg

Yeah, I figured the Mods & Admins have always done a Great job In blocking this kind of Crap, so maybe because they're so busy with the new upgrade that this one slipped by.
So I put it out there.
I get sick of the phone calls, and my New "Do Not Call" sign-up didn't take hold yet.
I don't need that stuff here too.

Bear

Sorry dont know how that one got it. I was busy all day working the farm.

I had the same one too. I deleted it not really thinking about reporting it. Not sure how to report something like that now that i thinknof it.

I had the same one too. I deleted it not really thinking about reporting it. Not sure how to report something like that now that i thinknof it.

Under the message there is a bell with the word "Report" beside it. Click that.

Reactions: smokerjim
I got it too, and didn't see it until this AM.
If you guys report it it will be taken care of almost immediately.
There is usually at least one mod or admin on here all the time.
Al

OK--Thanks Guys!
So I'll assume it's been taken care of & everybody's happy except the Spammer.

Bear

Adam sent them to banned camp so don't expect anymore love letters from him lol

Reactions: Bearcarver
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky