Soy sauce wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Soy sauce wings. My mom made these all the time when I was a kid. She’d braise them in the wok which is the traditional method. Her recipe was pretty simple equal parts soy sauce and brown sugar with 6-8 cloves of minced garlic. Marinate 8 hours to overnight. For really dark wings use half dark soy and half normal.

My recipe is a bit different.

1 cup soy ( I used Kikkoman light sodium) If you want to cut down even more on the sodium Braggs Liquid Aminos will give you the same soy flavor and about 1/2 the sodium of light Soy sauce.
4 table spoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1-2 tablespoons Sambal Oelek
6-8 garlic cloves minced
2 star anise wheels.
1 teaspoon white pepper

In a heavy sauce pan heat all ingredients to a boil. Simmer for 5-10 minutes remove from heat and cool completely. Once cool pour over wings and marinate 8 hours or overnight. (Life got in the way and mine marinated for two days).

I set up the 14” WSM for high temp cook at 325*f. No wood for smoke just KBB.

49483083276_2f5c1efedb_c.jpg

49482599028_bddb33d794_c.jpg

49483082671_136ee1678e_c.jpg

49482592733_bcae066aa8_c.jpg

Nicely done. I love Asian flavors on any meat...JJ

Looks Good, I love Asian Wings

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky