SouthSide Bar-B-Q

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

southside bbq

Original poster
Dec 10, 2013
Well how to start. My name is Rickey; I live in south central VA. I have two smokers. One is a 2yr old ABS: “American Barbecue Systems” Pit-Boss Rotisserie. I use hickory, oak, apple, cherry and pecan woods. I also use lump coal and mix in some hardwood.

Second smoker is a 30” MES from Sam’s Club and is 6yr old electric. Which I use when the weather is too cold or rainy to cook outside.

From 2000 to 2005 I had a 6’ Southern Yankee rotisserie which I used for my catering and concessions business “SouthSide Bar-B-Q Shack” I owned for five years. I worked a large summer concert series “Live bands such as The Beach Boys, Doobie Brothers, 38 Special, Charlie Daniels Band, Travis Tritt and Lynyrd Skynyrd, and others.” every summer for those five years. I would supply BBQ sandwiches to the performers in trade for pictures and autographs. With a couple of thousand people there each night. Selling BBQ sandwiches, fries, hushpuppies, smoked turkey legs and banana pudding. And soft drinks.

I have been lurking a few days, I know this will be a great place to hang out.

That’s me in a nut shell.

Last edited:
[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome  to SMF Ricky and were glad to have you aboard so join in, share your experiences, have some fun and don’t forget to post our favorite………

The Qveiw

C:%5CUsers%5CBoykjo%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_image001.gif

Happy smoking

Joe

Welcome to our group Rickey!  You'll find there are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky