South florida wood search

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

highonthehog

Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
I Live in south florida and was wondering if yall knew of any places where could order by the cord or if came in chunks by the sack i guess.  thanks for your help

I know that acadamey sports sells the big bags of chunks.

Try to get in touch w/ pineywoods or mbali. They are both florida residents and should

be able to help ya out.

I have found large bags of pretty good sized chunks at stores or Garden/Nurseries that sell Chimineas for patios. The place I get it sells the chunks in 18-20 lb bags. They have a wide variety of wood. I asked to check if the wood was treated with anything and I was told it wasn't. They also told me a lot of people that do a lot of smoking use their wood chunks. So I would say if anyone in your area sells Chimineas they may sell wood for them as well.

Last edited:
i live here also, only spot is home depot  hickory or mesquite,  there are a couple bbq stores in north miami i go to but its not cheap there,  cant find any bulk places though, whereabouts you live?

Yeah I am in deerfield.  There is oak but it not up for grabs to cut down at will.  yeah i am looking to get some in bulk if anybody has input.  other wise i am left to sacks a bass pro

Yeah I am in deerfield.  There is oak but it not up for grabs to cut down at will.  yeah i am looking to get some in bulk if anybody has input.  other wise i am left to sacks a bass pro

Well, next time you have some good storms, do a drive around the neighbor hoods. That's how I get my pecan wood in NW Florida. Downed limbs are for the taking at times, all you have to do is ask. Even ground crews around Parks will give some of it up at times. (some use it to generate mulch for the parks)

icon_cool.gif

Now I have found this site called Maine Smoking Woods.com  and they have all the woods that you could want. You might try PM miamiRick to see where he gets his but I think he's a gasser.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky