Sous vide

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Whiskyb

Original poster
Oct 20, 2019
I am planning on doing the 30 minute mozza cheese today. So far only onw question but that could change. In heating the milk. Could I set my sous vide heater to the required temp and just wait? My thermometer starts at 75* so not sure how accurate it would be on its bottom end of scale

Thanks, it did not work anyway. Not sure why but duplicating everything and using the stove top this time to see. My guess is that there is no residual heat in the pot from being on a burner? Shall see how this next batch turns out

Second attempt turned out but I did have to let it set up longer than the recipe wanted

Any cheap remote digital therm will work. I usually just use a clothespin & pin the probe on the side of the pot. So that it's about 1" from the bottom and about 1" away from the side.
1576156926321.png

Al

Thanks, I saw that pic in your great instructional post.Heres hoping santa put one in my stocking, the one I have now is about the size of a pen so I stood there holding it

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky