Sous Vide Rib eye

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lemans

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 29, 2013
Jackson New Jersey
73F3C450-1F7C-4736-A338-DDA30B7A6A74.jpeg
Heart shaped 3 lb rib eye. Coated with Koji Rice for 48 hours. Sous Vide for 2.5 at 132 .Then seared on my Small BGE at 700 degrees.with evol for 2 mins on each side. Fabulous!

That looks fantastic!

Nothing I've found beats Sous Vide for cooking steaks.

Every few months I buy three full cryovac tenderloins at the local Sam's Club. If they aren't out front, I ask the butcher, and they always seem to have them hiding in the back.

I cut them into approximately 8 oz. steaks, season them, vaccum seal them, and freeze them.

Then when we want, we sous vide them at 55 degrees C for around 3 hours, dry them off, sear them in butter, and my wife and I are so spoiled, we cannot get a steak at a restaurant anymore, because we know we'd just be disappointed!

We got a couple of big rib roasts for this past Christmas. I cut them into approximately 2 pound apiece ribeyes, seasoned, vacuum packed, and froze. Then sous vide and seared them, and they were a fantastic hit with everyone, including picky grandkids who asked for more!

As much as I love smoking, the ease with which I can just grab a frozen vac packed steak, sous vide it, then sear it, and have an incredible meal for less than it would cost to get a fast-food burger meal has us spoiled!

We had one tonight, along with asparagus, bearnaise sauce, mashed taters, and some toast butterd with the steak-searing butter mopped out of that pan. Mmmmmm!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky