Sous vide Prime Rib, it's what was for Thanksgiving

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks for this great write up. I have an Anova unit too - love it. I have not tried the oven browning technique. Looks great.

Has anyone tried browning the PR in a charcoal grill? I'd be interested to see how it turns out (may just try it myself). I like a little bit of smoke on my steaks, but not too much. I was thinking a Weber kettle with a hot, indirect fire might just be the ticket. Brown crust with just a little bit of smoke.

Thanks for this great write up. I have an Anova unit too - love it. I have not tried the oven browning technique. Looks great.

Has anyone tried browning the PR in a charcoal grill? I'd be interested to see how it turns out (may just try it myself). I like a little bit of smoke on my steaks, but not too much. I was thinking a Weber kettle with a hot, indirect fire might just be the ticket. Brown crust with just a little bit of smoke.

To keep from overcooking the PR, you need hot & fast. If you can get your Weber to 500 or up, you should be fine. A lower temp will make the browning cycle too long, allowing heat soak into the meat and undoing all your good work. :cool:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky