Sourdough Pizza Crust from Starter

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
so i made a pie! i have been keeping a starter for a couple weeks. bread is the goal - time is the issue.

BUT - read how to use the starter for sourdough pizza! YUM! Followed this instruction. worked killer! great chewy tasty crust. this was the first pie in my new oven too...so I wasnt sure how that would go. my old one was not accurate so I ran the new one at 400. shoulda made that more like 425/450. but it a learning curve. Kroger was out of fresh motz - so it was a more traditional american pie. i wanted a margherita. not a problem, adapted and bought pizza blend.

U have another dough ball left - might give it another run in a day or two.

IMG_6369.jpg

That’s a might fine looking pizza!
Judy makes sourdough bread weekly & here starter is from the 1800’s.
Gonna have to have some pizza this week!!
Nice job Bud!
Al

Judy makes sourdough bread weekly & here starter is from the 1800’s.
WOW! mine is 30 years old I believe. Bread is coming soon. I LOVE sourdough. its an addiction. originally from Cali. used to hit SF warf and get sourdough there. then moved away. my dad would travel there often and always brought me a loaf of SF sourdough. cant wait to try my hand and the bread! working the starter was a learning adventure. the pizza was a test - and it passed.

You getting that new kitchen dirty ?
Sure tryin! its a righteous gift to have a new kitchen. cant wait for cooler temps so we have fire up the oven, cook soups and stew and chili etc. still pretty warm here...but cold will come :)

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky