Sourdough Brötchen.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Sourdough Brötchen.
IMG_6821.JPG

IMG_6823.JPG

I used my pan. My oven is showing signs of heat fluctuations so no open bake for while. Each one was weighed at 90g.

IMG_6824.JPG

IMG_6825.JPG

IMG_6826.JPG

IMG_6827.JPG

Nice . Those are on my list . Make a big batch and put 'em in the freezer .

Those do look good. I've only made bread a few times and it was either rye or wheat. I love sour dough, i've just never tried to do it. I may pick your brain a bit soon.

Recipe

420g flour, ap or bread.
240g water
60g starter
10g salt

If your starter needs a boost add 5g active dry yeast to the mix and 1 tsp sugar. You can add both to the water if you like.

If you dont have time during the day make this at night for an overnight rest. The dough may be firm, weigh out each roll at 90g, roll or make oval, slice the top and cover for 30 mins while your oven is heating at 480*. Spritz the rolls with water just before baking.

If you use a dutch keep the lid on for 15 mins, remove the lid to finish and get brown. IT of bread 205-210

Those do look good. I've only made bread a few times and it was either rye or wheat. I love sour dough, i've just never tried to do it. I may pick your brain a bit soon.
Would you like some starter. dehydrated

I'll be doing this Sunday . I've had the starter in the fridge for the last couple weeks . Got one out yesterday , discard and fed .
I mentioned the other day my Son let me know " We " were out of bread .
Then Christmas day he really hooked me up .
20240105_103748.jpg
Formula copied into my book thanks .

I got all the supplies and gadgets to make sourdough for Xmas. Got a batch of starter in the fridge looking pretty good already, my houseguest gave me the stuff and has taken care of everything. Should be baking my first loaf this Sunday!

Reactions: chopsaw
Ray , took me a bit to get it figured out . I got the starter from Rick and he pointed me in the right direction . I know what to expect now .

Reactions: sawhorseray
Cheryl will make the first loaf or two while she's in town and I can watch, any questions I have after that you can expect a PM from me Rich. RAY

Reactions: chopsaw
I'll be doing this Sunday . I've had the starter in the fridge for the last couple weeks . Got one out yesterday , discard and fed .
I mentioned the other day my Son let me know " We " were out of bread .
Then Christmas day he really hooked me up .
View attachment 685055
Formula copied into my book thanks .
Nice.

Couldn't wait 'til Sunday . Mostly because my starter was ready tonight .
Followed the formula exactly , did add some yeast and sugar .
The 4 on the left , oven preheated to 450 , bread oven cold , rolls were spritzed with water .

3 on the right , no spritz , house oven 450 , bread oven preheated .
Lid on / lid off followed as above for both .
20240105_202454.jpg
20240105_202500.jpg
I'll be doing these for the freezer . Thaw and reheat at 300 .
Thanks as always Rick !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky