Sour cream and chive buns

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Those look amazing! Love the crochet runner in your stick pic. Reminded me of hi in f days at my Grandmas house. Her and my aunt would make those.

I was feeling pretty old until Chile chimed in. October of '82 was the beginning of my freshman year.

We will have to try this next year. We always grow some chives, and never find enough use for them. We may have found their purpose.

Those look amazing! Love the crochet runner in your stick pic. Reminded me of hi in f days at my Grandmas house. Her and my aunt would make those.
Thank you! They were really good! And that runner came from her great grandmother. My wife is always knitting and crocheting something. We haven't bought a hot pad for years. She is currently working on a bedspread for our California king bed. I tell her that her aluminum knitting needles would make great kabobs!

Ryan

I was feeling pretty old until Chile chimed in. October of '82 was the beginning of my freshman year.

We will have to try this next year. We always grow some chives, and never find enough use for them. We may have found their purpose.
I bet fresh chives would really kick it up a notch!

Thanks
Ryan

Hmmm, I'm not a baker by any means and have a question.
How do I go about letting the dough rise after stuffing it?
That's an hour or more with the pork sitting in warm dough.... Scary?
Maybe not the best idea to use bread dough versus biscuit?

Last edited:
You had me at rolls. Looks delicious. And the Cheerios sound really good. Never heard of them like that. Can you give me more details on them?

Good question! I'm definitely not a baker by any means either, I just followed a recipe. I've made sawhorseray sawhorseray buns, and chopsaw chopsaw Pizza dough recipe and they turned out great! So maybe they can chime in and help. I would say to not go with the 2nd rise. In my thinking using this dough wouldn't be any different than using chopsaws dough and making calzones?

Ryan

Reactions: TNJAKE
I'm not a baker either but can you not let it rise then add meat and fold it over and press edges with fork?

Good question! I'm definitely not a baker by any means either, I just followed a recipe. I've made sawhorseray sawhorseray buns, and chopsaw chopsaw Pizza dough recipe and they turned out great! So maybe they can chime in and help. I would say to not go with the 2nd rise. In my thinking using this dough wouldn't be any different than using chopsaws dough and making calzones?

Ryan
I'm not a baker either but can you not let it rise then add meat and fold it over and press edges with fork?
The potential problem I see with not letting the dough rise after handling is ending up with a dense product like pizza/calzone and not a light/fluffy roll or biscuit.

You had me at rolls. Looks delicious. And the Cheerios sound really good. Never heard of them like that. Can you give me more details on them?
Thanks Steve! Get the big box of plain cheerios and divide in half...should end up with about two, 8 cup batches. Melt a stick of butter (we use salted) in a pot on stove and dump in 1/2 of the Cheerios and stir to coat them with butter, then dump into a bowl and salt to your liking, stirring to get an even mix. Then repeat with 2nd half. Simple to make and hard to put down.
Makes for a tasty little munchie for long trips or for us being in the field. Let me know if ya try them

Ryan

Reactions: Steve H
Gonna put this on hold till I figure it out.
The dough is just a technicality, the safe food handling is what may kill the idea.
Probably not a bad idea. Or get your biscuit dough and make the bun dough just use the bun dough for a couple or few and biscuits for the rest. And bake the rest of the buns...I've only had 1 bun with a burger, the rest have just been buttered or used for dunking in soups

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky