Soup de jour.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Yesterday was cool and rainy, so I deemed it a soup day. And bean soup it is.
I kept this pretty simple.
4 cans cannellini beans rinsed and drained.
1 large white onion diced and sautéed until soft
1 pound thick sliced bacon cooked till crispy and drained. Then broken up.
1 pack lil smokies. Cut into pieces.
4 small potatoes diced small, cooked until tender. Then drained.
1 quart chicken stock.
1 tsp minced garlic.
Pepper to taste.
Throw everything in a pot. Bring to a boil. Then lower to a simmer. And let it cook for a couple hours. I was going to use the immersion blender to grind up some off the beans to thicken.
But it wasn't needed. Served with store bought frozen bread.
Came out delicious!

PC150016.JPG
PC150020.JPG

Last edited:
Nice thick warm bowl of Bean soup there Steve.
Snowing here this morning and rain coming this afternoon. I could go for a bowl of that right now. Just got in from driving Mona to work before I go in , Roads are bad.

Bowl of the beans would hit the spot right now

David

Oh man, I'll bet that is good! Thanks for sharing that easy recipe.

That is a perfect bowl to warm up for sure! ....I sure could use one since we just hit our high temp of 30 today, with a low of 20 tonight and 16 tomorrow night.......

Love me some soup! Any kind ! Your's looks tasty and since I'm making shopping list for tomorrow am adding the ingredients to it. It'll be made on the weekend. Thanks for sharing. Did I mention I love soups?

Nice thick warm bowl of Bean soup there Steve.
Snowing here this morning and rain coming this afternoon. I could go for a bowl of that right now. Just got in from driving Mona to work before I go in , Roads are bad.

Bowl of the beans would hit the spot right now

David
Thanks David! It's just the opposite here. It has been spring like here for the last couple days. Was in the 60's yesterday. That'll change though. We are getting snow this weekend.

Steve, most times simple will be phenomenal and that pot of bean soup fits the bill...
Thanks!

Man you make good soups Steve.
Thanks Brian! I do appreciate a good bowl of soup.

Dang , that's right up my alley . Fantastic .
Thanks chop!

Man yeah! Great looking pot o' soup! Sometimes simple is best.
Jim
Thanks Jim!

MMMMmmmm------ Yup, I'll take a Bucket !!
Looks mighty Tasty, Steve!!
Like.

Bear
Lol! Thanks John!

Oh man, I'll bet that is good! Thanks for sharing that easy recipe.
Thanks! And you're welcome.

Wow, that looks very tasty, stick to your ribs kinda soup. Thanks for sharing.

RG
Thank you! And you're welcome!

That is a perfect bowl to warm up for sure! ....I sure could use one since we just hit our high temp of 30 today, with a low of 20 tonight and 16 tomorrow night.......
Thank you!

Both sounds and looks good.
Thanks Brett!

Love me some soup! Any kind ! Your's looks tasty and since I'm making shopping list for tomorrow am adding the ingredients to it. It'll be made on the weekend. Thanks for sharing. Did I mention I love soups?
Lol! I think you did. Thanks!

Simple is sometimes the best way to go. That looks great, Steve.
Thanks Doug!

I would take on a kettle of that, yummy. . .
Thanks!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Thanks David! It's just the opposite here. It has been spring like here for the last couple days. Was in the 60's yesterday. That'll change though. We are getting snow this weekend.

Yes its 10 deg C ( 50 F ) here this morning at 6 am, tomorrow snow and high winds again, I just love the predictability of our winter.. NOT

David

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky