Sorry....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bangstick

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 29, 2017
South Carolina
I apologize if this has been covered on here before but I have to ask. Is it ever ok to use pickled jalapenos when making ABTs or do they always have to be fresh?

I ask because one of my favorite appetizers is smoked gouda and bacon pimento chees stuffed pickled jalapenos but I'm also a big fan of ABTs.

Is it doable or should I stick with the fresh peppers for smoking ABTs?

Thanks in advance and I'm sorry if this has already been covered.

I don't think there are hard and fast rules. This is cooking. You should make things to your own taste. It's about what YOU like. I say go for it. Just post pics!

I was curious as to how well the pickled jalapenos would hold up to smoking/cooking versus the fresh jalapenos.

Aint but one way to find out, I reckon.

I'd be interested to know how this works too! I'm a fan of pickled jalapenos. Along with a bunch of other veggies that can be pickled.

To me, recipes are a general guideline. More of a "This is how I did it..."
So trying variations is a good thing. If Pickled jalapenos is what you've got, give them a shot.
At the worst you can say yuk, at the best you may find something you, and anybody else, likes a LOT.

Except Lima Beans, and Rutabagas. Every time I have tried those they get a big X beside them....
YMMV, and that's OK.

Absolutely. I use jalapeños escabeche style all the time. They turn out fantastic and the pickling and flavorings add another level.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky