Soot in smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jon Meinert

Original poster
May 14, 2018
Hi everyone, during my last smoke I had a regulator go bad and I was getting a huge yellow flame from the burner. Fixed the issue but from the bad flame I got a thick black soot covering everything. No big deal for the racks, water pan and wood box as those are easily removed and cleaned. Any suggestions for removing the soot from inside the smoker? Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone, during my last smoke I had a regulator go bad and I was getting a huge yellow flame from the burner. Fixed the issue but from the bad flame I got a thick black soot covering everything. No big deal for the racks, water pan and wood box as those are easily removed and cleaned. Any suggestions for removing the soot from inside the smoker? Thanks in advance!
If you can remove burner T would just power wash and re-season if needed

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky