Son’s First Cook!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, for my sons birthday he requested a Weber kettle... So we bought him the 18” kettle and a vortex. He loves wings, so that is what he wanted to do for his first cook.

We got the chimney loaded up with B&B lump!

38A27144-F3CD-47F1-9DC2-196D973BFAD7.jpeg

Vortex all loaded up with lump for the cook!

7E1DFC17-5EE3-4744-A98F-B75DBF0E516B.jpeg

Tossed the wings on and a chunk of pecan over the vortex.

722594BA-6E88-43B0-8AF5-FA1264BCEBDA.jpeg

About halfway through the cook, he give them a flip!

DEDCA875-BEEB-49DA-83FB-E6A39F19D40F.jpeg

When they were done, pulled them off and let rest about 10 minutes! Then plated up!

Here is the birthday boys plate, wings and a spring mix salad!

1F6DB5D4-2565-4AD5-A8B4-7C21DABF8D48.jpeg

He loved his new grill and was happy with how the wings turned out! I was quite proud of him, his first cook and he done a nice job on the wings.

Thanks for looking all!

Happy Birthday to the Boy and nice job on the wings. Congrats to you for raising a future Pitmaster...JJ

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Wow great looking wings I'd eat a bunch of them. Hope he had a good Birthday and in this day and age you can be proud he wanted a smoker.

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky