Sometimes there are options to PRIME

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rwilli

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 8, 2018
Central New Mexico
I was at the Military Commissary the other day and they happened to have bone-in rib roasts (Select) for 3.99 a pound----Cheaper than hamburger!!.. I couldn't resist and picked out 3 with decent marbling; 4lb, 6 lb and one 8 pounder. I had never cooked a rib roast before, so I started with the small one just in case I messed it up. Long story short; Tied it up, injected with beef consume, Coated with AP rub and a little Hungarian Hot Paprika; Slow cooked/smoke to 110 then seared to 125 on the Yoder pellet and rested to 130-----OMG, YUM YUM, it really was like having a 16 oz prime rib for $4.00. Even the wife doesn't like RARE, but she loved this. Just had to Share----Merry Christmas to all

Sounds like you did that beef proud, Nicely done. It's 4.99/pound here.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Chris

Unfortunately, I ate the subject matter---But, I have two more, I will try and remember next time.

Well, that's OK, Bob.
The first one was a trial run anyway. ;)

I eat my mistakes to hide them. :p
That way nobody can find them.:rolleyes:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky