Something disturbing in my grocery store....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I usually have a bottle or two of wright's liquid smoke sitting around, it does real good in brines. Sometimes use it in hamburgers or meatloaf, but I don't really care for the flavor all by itself, I think it needs true smoke to round out the flavor.

brand_pic_wrights_1.jpg

i have to admit, i use it SOME..........specially in chili.......jerky mariandes.......i DO like the dab behind the ears post........hehehe

but really, since i found this site.......i can add smoke in other ways.......BUT, it does have its place...........at least in MY (err the bosses) kitchen........lolol

While maybe not the real thing, shove as big a chunk of salmon into a quart wide mouth jar, add two or three drops of liquid smoke and process, for some dang good canned salmon!

I haven'y played with any of the stuff for years (I actually thought it was a canning ingreident until this post) But I don't think that it is supposed to be a main ingreident or used very heavy. The stuff has been around for well over 20 or 30 years at least, because I remember my mom doing the canned salmon thing with it forever.

I tried putting it on a burger one time about like you would any other sause. BIG MISTAKE! The stuff that we had was heap um powerful! Since then I have always just thought it was for canning.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky