some new uses for smoked meats

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chefforgod

Original poster
Jul 5, 2005
Well I've been a member for a while finally figured I'd jump in. July 3rd me & the wife had about 60 people come for a bbq, mostly from our church, they were blown away by the pulled pork and smoked chicken amongst other things. I am a professional chef and have been aching to dabble in the smoking world. Well anyway tomorrow we are having an appetizer get together and from what we can gather everyone who missed the first one is coming so we figure about 150-175 people.
We are making 3-2-1 ribs making them today. Here are some unique ways to use the leftovers

Southwest wontons:

1 smoked chickens diced real small
2 bunches scallions
1/2 bunch cilantro
1/2 lb. pepper jack
1/2 lb. cheddar
1 tsp cumin
10 pieces sundried tomatoes cut small

combine all ingredients and stuff wonton wrapper with 1/2-3/4 teaspoons worth
wet edge with water and fold over
deep fry at 350 for 1-2 minutes until brown

pulled pork fajitas

pulled pork
alabama sauce
scallions
cheddar & pepper jack (or monteray for wimps)
5" flour tortilla shell

fill shells with ingredients
brush an old cookie pan with oil place on bbq and grill these baby on both sides

we also are making about 6 more types of finger apps
and about ten -twelve desserts . I'll tell ya Monday how it turns out

I never considered using smoked pulled pork for fajitas.. now the idea has me extremely intrigued
wink.gif

Be sure and let us know how the shin-dig turns out and meanwhile I will be dreaming of smoked chicken wontons and smoked pulled pork fajitas with a tall glass of southern style ice tea.

We used some left over smoked-brined chicken to make chicken-pot-pies last week. MMMmmmm, everythings better with the added flavor of smoked & grilled meats.

Chicken salad is one of my favorite ways to use leftover chicken or turkey. So far, I've only used leftover pork (on the odd occasion that there are any leftovers :) ) to make more bbq sandwiches. I must admit, though, that the idea of fajitas sounds pretty awesome! My wife loves mexican food, anyway, so I'll give this a try soon. Thanks for the tip!

Cheers,
Brian

We have some folk that love my smoke beef, about a week later they ask me if I ever used it as in fagitas I said no, well they came back with what his wife made and I tell you that was the best beef fagitas I ever had.
vette

Aw come on guys!!! :x :x I just finished my breakfast and now I'm hungry all over again!!! :roll:

I have some smoked chicken breasts that I stashed away so me thinks that tonight I'm going to make some chicken fajitas.

BTW-Nice post Chef!

I usually smoke a couple of chickens at a time, we eat most of one. Then we have smoked chicken enchiladas, and finish up using the rest for chicken and noodles. It gives the noodle a nice smoky flavor. Yum Yum

Well first off welcome to SMF. Would you please syop into Roll Call and inrodice yourself. Now as far as your smoke it sounds really really good and I'm sure everyone enjoyed the food to.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

HUH?ahhhhh must be the Other smoking going on.nice to see those blasts from the past-I for 1 sure miss some of those pro's.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky