• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Some mesquite Porterhouse steaks

SmokingUPnorth

Smoking UPNorth
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 7, 2017
So we bought some porterhouse steaks on sale at meijer about a month ago and thawed them out today since we had some sun up here in northern MI. For my wife’s I used just Montreal steak seasoning and mine had a local made rub. I also threw together some garlic bread with 1/4 stick of butter and 1TBS of garlic powder. And a little bit of minced garlic, loaded some mozzarella cheese on top and into the oven at 350* for about 15 min. Also threw in some baked potatoes that I pre cooked in the microwave and some corn that we call “easy corn” since I just put it I foil and toss it on the grill with everything. Roped it all with a chunk of mesquite and it all turned out great. Hope everyone else is enjoying the spring weather. Here’s some pics

Attachments

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Great meal. Gotta love a porterhouse.
Gary

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 18, 2020
The simplest of meals are usually the tastiest. Looks great.

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Nice work . Love mesquite , especially on beef .

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Looks Great, North!!
Nice Job!!
Like.

Bear

pushok2018

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 12, 2017
Yeap! That porterhouse looks fantastic! Beautiful plate!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.