• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

SoFlaQuer's Carolina Mustard Sauce

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
I love the fininshing sauce but haven't tried the mustard sauce. What do you put it on?

gofish

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 4, 2006
I used it on pulled pork, and it is good. I also squirted some as a 'topper' on a club cracker with colby cheese and summer sausage ...... mmmmmmm

Whip up a batch, I think the options are endless!

jts70

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 12, 2007
Debi,

It really is a great sauce, my family demands it!

the_usc_2001

Joined Jan 30, 2008
That is close to the recipe I use. It is strange to hear people out of this area (I live outside of Columbia, SC) raving about our mustard sauce. Most outsiders to this area frown on it.

kratzx4

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 5, 2007
Many thanks to SoFlaQuer for sharing. I tried this along with his finishing sauce for Easter. Only made a single batch (my bad) the family loved it and have asked that I supply it when ever I smoke Butts. If you have not tried it you are missing a real treat. The wife wants me to keep a supply in the fridge as she is planing on using it for chicken tenders, pretzels and anything else that comes to mind. Again many thanks but It looks like i will spend a lot of time slaving over the sauce pot.

smokingscooby

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 13, 2009
Going to wake up this old thread, I made a couple of butts over the weekend. I made a batch of this sauce. This sauce is Great!!! Not only did my family use it on the Q, but my daughter put it on her salad. Next thing I knew, I was making a double batch for salad dressing.

Just wanted to give a "shout out" for the great sauce.:)

porked

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 2, 2009
Tried this yesterday and it is the real deal. If you're a mustard fan like me, you're going to remember this one.

roksmith

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2006
Very similar to the recipe I use...
It's good on pulled pork and chicken..
..but where I think it really comes alive is when you put it on ribs and let it carmelize.
The sweetness really comes out...
..and you can always add just a pinch of cayanne to kick it up a notch.

It's a staple..I never BBQ without it

jobu

Joined Apr 26, 2009
I just made this sauce today and it is awsome. It reminds me of a sauce recipee I got off of food network for Carolina Panther Fans bbq, but this is better by far.

papa chubby

Fire Starter
Joined Dec 8, 2007
can someone please help me out with the ingredient amounts? For some reason, a lot of them are showing up as capital A's with a carat over top.

dingle

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 22, 2007
I see what you mean Papa. Dont know why that is, but I think if you just drop those A's those are the correct measurements. I have made this sauce and you wont be disappointed.

creative rock

Meat Mopper
Joined Apr 21, 2008
Dingle is right... checked other Carolina mustard sauces online, although different, the main incredients are without the "A"

To make it cleaner and clearer:
¾ Cup Yellow Mustard
¾ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
½ Cup White Sugar
3 Tbsp. Dark Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp. Butter
2 Tsp. Salt
½ Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce (Lea & Perrins)
½ Tsp. Soy Sauce
½ Tsp. Tabasco Sauce
1½ Tsp. Course Ground Black Pepper
1 Tsp. White Pepper

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
The spam was removed and the recipe should be correct now

shooterrick

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jan 13, 2008
Thanks much!. I saved this for later. Looks great!

benxrow2002

Joined Jan 22, 2010
I've got this simmering on the stove right now and it smells AWESOME.  We've got ribs smoking right now and always serve it with Jeff's BBQ sauce....but this morning I just decided that I wanted to try something else along with it and came across this thread.  We keep dipping in to it.  Gotta keep the hands away so we have some for the ribs themselves. 

ddigitalpimp

Smoke Blower
Joined May 14, 2010
made up a batch last night for a 10lb butt im going to smoke tomorrow.  best mustard sauce ive tried yet.  i have a feeling ill be saving this recipe.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.