SoFlaQuer's Carolina Mustard Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I used it on pulled pork, and it is good. I also squirted some as a 'topper' on a club cracker with colby cheese and summer sausage ...... mmmmmmm

Whip up a batch, I think the options are endless!

Many thanks to SoFlaQuer for sharing. I tried this along with his finishing sauce for Easter. Only made a single batch (my bad) the family loved it and have asked that I supply it when ever I smoke Butts. If you have not tried it you are missing a real treat. The wife wants me to keep a supply in the fridge as she is planing on using it for chicken tenders, pretzels and anything else that comes to mind. Again many thanks but It looks like i will spend a lot of time slaving over the sauce pot.

Going to wake up this old thread, I made a couple of butts over the weekend. I made a batch of this sauce. This sauce is Great!!! Not only did my family use it on the Q, but my daughter put it on her salad. Next thing I knew, I was making a double batch for salad dressing.

Just wanted to give a "shout out" for the great sauce.:)

Very similar to the recipe I use...
It's good on pulled pork and chicken..
..but where I think it really comes alive is when you put it on ribs and let it carmelize.
The sweetness really comes out...
..and you can always add just a pinch of cayanne to kick it up a notch.

It's a staple..I never BBQ without it

I just made this sauce today and it is awsome. It reminds me of a sauce recipee I got off of food network for Carolina Panther Fans bbq, but this is better by far.

I see what you mean Papa. Dont know why that is, but I think if you just drop those A's those are the correct measurements. I have made this sauce and you wont be disappointed.

Dingle is right... checked other Carolina mustard sauces online, although different, the main incredients are without the "A"

To make it cleaner and clearer:
¾ Cup Yellow Mustard
¾ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
½ Cup White Sugar
3 Tbsp. Dark Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp. Butter
2 Tsp. Salt
½ Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce (Lea & Perrins)
½ Tsp. Soy Sauce
½ Tsp. Tabasco Sauce
1½ Tsp. Course Ground Black Pepper
1 Tsp. White Pepper

The spam was removed and the recipe should be correct now

I've got this simmering on the stove right now and it smells AWESOME.  We've got ribs smoking right now and always serve it with Jeff's BBQ sauce....but this morning I just decided that I wanted to try something else along with it and came across this thread.  We keep dipping in to it.  Gotta keep the hands away so we have some for the ribs themselves. 

made up a batch last night for a 10lb butt im going to smoke tomorrow.  best mustard sauce ive tried yet.  i have a feeling ill be saving this recipe.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky