So this just happened....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bgaviator

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 9, 2010
700E4709-62C4-47C4-9ADD-7B1856BED690.jpeg
went to clean my Kamado Joe today before a rib cook. Lifted out the fire box, and was about to set it down on my deck and the entire thing broke apart in my hands. Needless to say...I’m furious.

Is this a common problem for these things? How good is Kamado Joe at replacing these things? I’ve only had this grill two years

Limited Lifetime Warranty on Ceramic Parts
Kamado Joe® warrants that all ceramic parts used in this Kamado Joe® grill and smoker are free of defects in material and workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the grill.

You'll have to hope they don't question it or you'll have to somehow prove it was defective.

I’ll be curious if they replace it, if it will be the one piece design mine had, or the newer multiple piece design they have. They must have changed the design because of problems if I were to guess. Hopefully the new design is better and compatible with my model

For as much money as these Kamados cost, they should pretty much last forever in my mind. Mine is on a covered deck so it’s not really exposed to the elements. And I keep it covered when not in use. They obviously have a design flaw if they can’t stand the high heat these grills can achieve.

That is sad. I think each of us gets a little attached to our smoker. Then I also want what ever I buy to last forever.

I am actually looking to add a ceramic cooker to my aresonal and I really thought I had settled on the Kamodo Joe...I am interested inhow this plays out because if they dont stand behind their product...then no Joe for me!!

I am actually looking to add a ceramic cooker to my aresonal and I really thought I had settled on the Kamodo Joe...I am interested inhow this plays out because if they dont stand behind their product...then no Joe for me!!

I’ll let you know how it turns out. I’ve had it for over two years now and it’s been an excellent cooker. I’ve been really thrilled with it until this incident. I know they have redesigned the fire boxes, I assume due to these kinds of issues, so I hope they will send me the new design. If they won’t send me one I see I can buy them from some web sites. I hope I don’t have to pony up for it though.

While talking with the KJ sales rep at Costco just last week I asked about problems with cracking and he said that they have a lifetime warranty. I hope they can get you back to smokin.

Bummer. Sorry that happened. Please keep us all in the loop. I am sure they are aware of the forum. Let them know a lot of us are following your progress through the warranty process.

Reactions: bgaviator
Update:
Well two days after I submitted my warranty claim they responded and said they will be shipping me the newly designed fire box. However they said it could be three weeks before I get it. That really pisses me off! I use my grill multiple times a week, especially on the diet I’ve been doing. Three weeks without the grill is unacceptable. You mean to tell me they don’t have a better/faster distribution network to be able to get me this part within a few days time?

Hey now!
If it's coming to you free of charge, that's a poor attitude.
They could have said you dropped it, or to prove that it was was defective.
They knew there was an issue with the part, they honored their warranty and they're sending you the new and improved part, be happy.

Hell, it used to be 4-6 weeks was the norm for anything shipped.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky