So there is this store in Boston.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
That has veggies that I've never heard of.

20200125_080326_HDR.jpg
20200125_080342.jpg
20200125_080357 (1).jpg
20200125_080452_HDR.jpg

Except the Turmeric and the Oyster mushroom. Never seen them fresh. Didn't buy any of that stuff.

And I founds these.

P1250428.jpg

I bought these. I'm thinking about some spicy vinegar with these guys. Have to see just how hot they are. I'm reading 50,000 to 100,00 SHU.

Reactions: kruizer
Steve if you want to test that put about 3 Tbspn of vinegar in a small bowl,add 1 pepper break it with a fork,if you have any pork rinds dip 1 in and taste.
Richie

Reactions: Steve H
Your about 35 minutes away,I use to go their when my kids were in college
Richie
Be safe driving home

Thanks Richie, we got into Boston about 2:30 yesterday afternoon. The traffic was horrendous!

A Bitter Melon is in the same family as Cucumber,BUT the name says it all. The stuff is BITTER! It's a vegetable common in Asian Cuisine, especially Chinese Dishes and gets stir-fried. Take a lot of Spice, Salt and Sugar to balance the bitter flavor. Fresh Turmeric is used in Indian Cuisine and some Asian Curry Pastes. It also used for its medicinal properties. Those Thai Chiles are pretty potent. Not Habanero hot but pretty warm. They do have a great flavor. They are an ingredient in Thai Red Curry Paste and an addition to many dishes...JJ

Reactions: Steve H
Thanks Richie, we got into Boston about 2:30 yesterday afternoon. The traffic was horrendous!
No way...the Big Dig fixed all that!

Market Basket is a great store,shop the Fall River store every weekend.

If you make it down RI way give me a shout.I got a brisket coming off the smoker in about a half hour!

No way...the Big Dig fixed all that!

Market Basket is a great store,shop the Fall River store every weekend.

If you make it down RI way give me a shout.I got a brisket coming off the smoker in about a half hour!

Thanks! Not doing RI this time around. But thanks for the offer! I'll keep your offer in mind!

A Bitter Melon is in the same family as Cucumber,BUT the name says it all. The stuff is BITTER! It's a vegetable common in Asian Cuisine, especially Chinese Dishes and gets stir-fried. Take a lot of Spice, Salt and Sugar to balance the bitter flavor. Fresh Turmeric is used in Indian Cuisine and some Asian Curry Pastes. It also used for its medicinal properties. Those Thai Chiles are pretty potent. Not Habanero hot but pretty warm. They do have a great flavor. They are an ingredient in Thai Red Curry Paste and an addition to many dishes...JJ

Thanks Jimmy. Didn't see your post before. So, it should make decent spicy vinegar I would guess. I'll find out in 2 days. I'll have a busy Wednesday between this, getting the CB smoked. And doing the Bloody Mary sticks.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky