so new I ain't even got a smoker yet!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

abraxasil

Original poster
Nov 21, 2006
Southern Illinois
Hi everyone! I'm thinkin of gitting a Great Outdoors Grill Co. 34" Smoky Mountain Gas Smoker - the Walmart special. Anybody know anything about them? Are they any good? I don't want to spend a bunch of money on one and I know absolutely nothing about buying a smoker or smoking meat - I just know I love to eat it! Hope to learn a lot here for sure!

looks like you and i are in the same boat. i was looking at the wal mart special also. this is only my third post and i can already tell this is the place to be if ya wanna have a good time and eat good. looking forward to suggestions.

SdPj 8)

Welcome to SMF abraxasil!!! There are alot of GOSM users around here who really seem to like them and I love mine when I don't have time to play with fire.

Go ahead and take advantage of the 5-day eCourse. Lot's of good info sent right to the 'ol email box.

Thanks all for the kind words. Just got mine today and put it together - a GOSM unit. Looks really neat and I can't wait to try it out. But I'm gonna get a digital thermometer first - and some meat. Want to get good enough to do a Christmas ham for the family. Learnin' a lot from all the posts ... thanks a lot.

Good idea, don't forget the meat!
wink.gif
Seriously, congrats on the GOSM. I am sure you will enjoy it.

abraxasil, nice to have you join us. As pointed out in an earlier post, there are a number of us that has a GOSM of one size or another.

Good luck with the new toy and enjoy the thin blue.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky