So Many Mixes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Over the past 30 years or so i have put together many mixes for sausage. Some good and some not so. When sausage making books came out (before the internet) the mixes got better but it took time to get items together.

Then BANG Internet. Slowly recipes started to show up.

Mixes came out from companies for the general public to use.

These were good for the time (some still are)

I started to get mixes from Marty & Tanya at Owens BBQ to try. I gotta say that they have some very good mixes. I have a few other pre mixes i need to use up before i get to these.

Gotta say the both Marty & Tanya have been very helpful.

I'm on my last bit of LEGG #116 and Owens BBQ stick spices are on my Christmas list (the kids keep asking what to get me).

Good to know . Been doing all my mix buying with sausage maker . Some I like , but most are to salty . 

Rick, great info,,,, customer service is big now days,,, I was just getting ready to get on their website....flavors flavors flavors which one to do next. 

With 30 years of sausage making I just KNOW that you have a good feel for spices, cures and mixes for all types of sausage! What surprises me nepas is that you still buy proprietary commercial mixes rather than make your own??? That just has to be better and savings from paying for shipping alone. Can you explain?

With 30 years of sausage making I just KNOW that you have a good feel for spices, cures and mixes for all types of sausage! What surprises me nepas is that you still buy proprietary commercial mixes rather than make your own??? That just has to be better and savings from paying for shipping alone. Can you explain?
Being a full time RVr lots of containers take up room. Pre made mixes are easier to store. At one time i had 5 large plastic containers full of dry item. Those took lots of room.

Now i just use what i need, add cure and able to store in 1 box.

Thats my story and i'm stickin to it..........D'OH

wife.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky