So I ordered a new stick burner...w/PICS!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phatbac

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Monroe, NC USA
Dear SMF Family:
Hey, I know I haven't posted much on these boards in a while. After I got rid of my stick burner for financial reasons and went to a BGE it hasn't been the same. Don't get me wrong I like smoking on the BGE. Easy to control temps and set and forget good product coming off the grates. But I love smoking on a stick burner. as some of you may know I have owned about 4 Lang's (36, 36 hybrid, 2 48s). I was looking to make it 5 Lang's owned as I was looking on Facebook market place and thought I had come to a deal with a guy from FL about his 36. I was going to pay him extra to bring it to me and we had it all worked out. and he started jerking me around so I finally started looking elsewhere. I saw a place in my hometown of Monroe that did custom fab work and the examples they had online were very reasonable price. so the wife and I got in the car and drove 25 minutes to meet the man doing the fab work and see his shop. Nice guy and his work looked well done too. he said he didn't have anything that wasn't already sold and so we discussed things and came to an arraignment for a deposit and he currently building me a 48x24 stick burner with a 24 inch firebox.

I asked him while he was building my smoker if he would text me pictures of the process so I could post them online and talk about the work he is doing for me. he said sure and these are some pics he has provided so far. I will post more as I get them!

664493199.jpg
imagejpeg_0.jpg
imagejpeg_1.jpg
IMG_9186.jpg

His name is Kearry Hinson and his company is RocketGrillz out of Monroe, NC (Near Charlotte).
You can find them on Facebook.

I for one am just tickled that I'm getting another stick burner!
Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Coming along great. I'm sure the wait is making you crazy.
I'm right up the road from you, I didn't know anybody around here was making stick burners.
I may be in the market for an upgrade in the next year or so. looking forward to see how you like it.

Reactions: phatbac
Coming along great. I'm sure the wait is making you crazy.
I'm right up the road from you, I didn't know anybody around here was making stick burners.
I may be in the market for an upgrade in the next year or so. looking forward to see how you like it.
Yeah i will keep you and everyone else posted to how i like or love smoking on it. he delivers nationwide but since I'm right near him he is going to deliver for free and his prices are very reasonable. He said it should be done in a couple weeks if all goes right.

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Dang! That is awesome! Congrats on finding a great local fabricator that is able to build you what you are looking for, That looks like its coming along nice and will be a lot of fun.
Cant wait to see the final build!

So i talked with Kearry (Hinson) today (Rocketgrillz) the man building my smoker. it should be done at the end of the week. we are trying to arrange delivery for Saturday. I can't wait. he asked if i wanted to put propane burners on the side for a griddle i said no I don't want them on my smoker I just want the burner we planned on putting on the firebox so i can use a cast iron pan for breakfast when smoking. I will post more pics when i get them!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

So i talked with Kearry (Hinson) today (Rocketgrillz) the man building my smoker. it should be done at the end of the week. we are trying to arrange delivery for Saturday. I can't wait. he asked if i wanted to put propane burners on the side for a griddle i said no I don't want them on my smoker I just want the burner we planned on putting on the firebox so i can use a cast iron pan for breakfast when smoking. I will post more pics when i get them!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

So are you still getting a burner on it? Having a burner to light coals is a nice thing to have......It just makes getting it started up quick and easy.....

So are you still getting a burner on it? Having a burner to light coals is a nice thing to have......It just makes getting it started up quick and easy.....
Its a burner atop the firebox. basically a vent that i can open to let fire come through to heat a pan if i want. I'm not getting a side burner i don't want to mess around with propane.( Anti-Frank Hill)

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Reactions: civilsmoker
Its a burner atop the firebox. basically a vent that i can open to let fire come through to heat a pan if i want. I'm not getting a side burner i don't want to mess around with propane.( Anti-Frank Hill)

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)
Ah understood, cooking over the fire box is just classic old time cooking.....

So I received some new pics... Kearry was working on the FB yesterday and took this.
IMG_9385.jpg

Will keep posting!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky