So Close...!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jbfab

Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
North Central WI
I've got 15 lbs. Of venison summer in the smoker sitting at 155° smoker is at 170°. 5 more to go! This is the second batch I've made. I used 10 lbs. Of venison and 5 lbs. Pork butt. Using a seasoning mix from the local grocer which turned out great in the first batch. What I've learned this time is that I need to make a stuffer. Running it through the grinder one more time is just too much. Well, I better run out and check it again I'll be sure to post some Q view when its done!

popcorn.gif

If i was doing this and had 15 lbs of SS at an IT of 155* they would be getting pulled.

If you don't get a stuffer, get a stuffing plate for the grinder. That way you are not grinding again. But for 15 pounds, the stuffer will be much easier!

Mike

There is a stuffing plate, but it still made it mushy. I pulled the first batch at 160 following advice on a website. Everything I've seen says 165 for ground meats, can anyone clarify?

Also I've seen some DIY water stuffers made with PVC and assorted parts. Anybody here have good experience with something like that? I'm pretty handy and have access to machining equipment and welding equipment if there is a better idea.

Nice summer sausage.......
icon14.gif
... I wouldnt bother building a stuffer... I would just go buy a 5 lb svertical stuffer for under 100 bucks... Well worth the money

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky