SnS St Louis Ribs on the Weber

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
After playing with the new Vortex for the last week yesterday it was time to relax and slow things down, get to have a little more beer that way! I had a nice rack of St Louis pork ribs thawed and ready to go so the first order of business was to get the Slow-n-Sear set up on the kettle with a few applewood chunks
DSCN1804.JPG

Once that was going it was time to tend to the rib rack, it was a good one
DSCN1802.JPG

Slathered the rack with French's yellow mustard and chilerelleno chilerelleno 's Basic Pork Rub, the Weber was a solid 245º, the rack went on at high noon
DSCN1808.JPG

The plan was to go with the 3-2-1- method, my first attempt at wrapping. 3 hour mark and time to wrap with a spray of ACV and some melted butter
DSCN1809.JPG

A couple hours later I was ready to unwrap, surprise, they were done!

DSCN1810.JPG

I brought the rack inside and brushed on some SBR
DSCN1811.JPG

All plated up with the American standard sides for ribs, tater salad and homemade slaw
DSCN1812.JPG

The ribs were nice and juicy, a little smoky but not like coming from my offset. They were just short of FOTB with a no-tug bite and easy chew. After owning a Weber kettle for over 40 years the SnS and Vortex have really expanded it's versatility. Thanks for lookin' in! RAY

Looks good ! Love cooking on a kettle . I don't have any of the gadgets , but look like they work good .
I have used the charcoal ring out of my 14" WSM . Works good .
Nice meal Ray .

Reactions: sawhorseray
Nice looking ribs ray!

Thanks Jake, I was pretty darned happy! RAY

That’s a beautiful plate. Two thumbs up! G

Thank you very much, and thanks for the Like, I do appreciate it! RAY

Great looking ribs Ray! Nice pull back on them. Whole plate looks great!

Thank you John, it was just another beautiful smokin' day in paradise, a good boor, a few RR's, and the pool. What could be better than that? Thanks for the Like, much appreciated John. RAY

MMMmmmmm..........!!! Looks Great, Ray !! Nice Job! Like. Bear

Thank you John, maybe one of these days you folks back there will get some decent smokin' weather. Thay you for the Like I do appreciate it. RAY

Who could resist a great looking slab like that?

Not me, that's for sure SHS! Man I'll tell ya, we live in smoking paradise, can go 12 months a year without a whole lot of bugs, love it! Thanks for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Looks good ! Love cooking on a kettle . I don't have any of the gadgets , but look like they work good . I have used the charcoal ring out of my 14" WSM . Works good . Nice meal Ray .

I got my first Weber 22" in 1977 Rich and came to be fairly proficient with it, steaks, primes, chops and chicken. I believe I'm just starting to scratch the surface of what I'll be able to get done with the two new accessories, might do some wings again tonight! Thanks for the Like Rich, very much appreciated. RAY

Great lookin' plate there Ray! Ribs look perfect.... LIKE! I gave up on cookin cause it is way too hot now in the valley....how do you do it? Pool all day? John

I thought I noticed a let up in your cooking posts John. Come on bro, we're hot people! Geez, with your RecTec and a remote probe you don't have to be outside for more than about three minutes if you don't want to. Hell, it was only about 102º-105º all week, a little pool dippin' and a few beers, perfect smokin' weather! In another month or so we'll be getting into the summer 108º-113º range, who wants to heat the house up then when we can cook outdoors? Thank you for the Like amigo, I appreciate it muchly! RAY

nice looking plate of food there Ray, you only had temps around 100-1005 all week better then here Monday on the way home from work I drove through a hail storm. took this from my driveway
thumbnail_Resized_20200511_151748.jpg

Nice looking rack of ribs Ray, and they're just smiling enough to show their hillbilly teeth.

Point for sure
Chris

A few chunks of apple wood - WOW. BTW did you put water in the trough?

nice looking plate of food there Ray, you only had temps around 100-1005 all week better then here Monday on the way home from work I drove through a hail storm. took this from my driveway [/QUOTE)

It looks to be beautiful country back there Jim but it's just something I couldn't live in these days, my arthritis hates the cold, not that it really likes anything else much. Hell, California got too cold for us, looks like you folks back east have had winter for about eight months now. Thank you for the Like Jim, I do appreciate it. RAY

That is when you will really appreciate that 360 for not heating up the inside of the house.

We'll have to see, that thing gets fairly hot. Now the micro doesn't get hot at all, perfect asparagus every time in 3&1/2 minutes. Summer is when I'll really be looking to incorporate my little CI pans, just about all cooking will take place in the backyard, especially if I get a flat top! RAY

That looks delicious and well done! Good use of the slow n sear! Happy Smoking, phatbac (Aaron)

Thanks Aaron, between the SnS and the Vortex I'm finding something new most every day, and things will only get better with experience. Thanks for the Like, much appreciated. RAY

Nice looking rack of ribs Ray, and they're just smiling enough to show their hillbilly teeth. Point for sure Chris A few chunks of apple wood - WOW. BTW did you put water in the trough?

Of course I put water in the trough Chris! When I got the thing I read the directions, and then watched some Youtube. A couple weeks back I even did a trough refill, challenging in it's own little way. The wood chips supply a decent amount of smoke flavor, tho not as much as my offset, but then again nothing else really does. Thanks for the Like Chris, I do appreciate it. RAY

That's one fine looking rack of ribs Ray and a great looking meal. You've got me seriously considering a Weber kettle and a couple of the toys you've been playing with of late. Nice job and a big LIKE!!

Robert

You don't stand a chance of winning that bet Robert, then again, what's more fun than new toys? Thank for the Like my friend, I truly do appreciate it! RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky