• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Snowy Day Brisket

danbono

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 19, 2012
Hi All Well another 12" of snow fell today, so it was a good day to an oven brisket..
Started with 11 .Lb Superior Angus Brisket from Restaurant Depot.
Cut n trimmed it down to 5 lbs, the other meat was going into the grinder for/hamburger/meatballs.
Rubbed with Texas BBQ brisket rub #2,wrapped in plastic sat overnite in the fridge.
Got up at 4:30 am to start the oven, put the brisket in the oven, at 5:00 am
after putting on some Montreal Steak Seasonings on it.Oven temp was 250.
Put the brisket on a rack with some beef broth. Foiled at 12:30 temp was 170*
Hour 1 1/2 hrs later the brisket was probe tender.
Wrapped in foil and place into the cooler with towels 4 hrs later it was dinner time.
Brisket was tasty n tender and more juicy then the ones I've made before.
I missed the smoke taste. All in all not a bad brisket, maybe one of my best of the 10/12 I did.
Enjoy DanB
PS I was not sure which way the grain was running, did my best.I usually cut off an end piece so I know which way the grain is running.

11 lb packer

Trimmed down to 5 lbs

Probe tender

sliced..YUM!!!

kc5tpy

Master of the Pit
Joined May 12, 2013
Hello Dan.  Looks like you had a really good meal.  Thanks for posting.

Danny

seenred

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Feb 9, 2009
That looks real tasty Dan!  Nice job...

Red

zosozeppelin

Joined May 10, 2013
Looks great man, can't wait for the snow and cold weather to be over so I can break out the smoker again.

foamheart

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 4, 2013
PS I was not sure which way the grain was running, did my best.I usually cut off an end piece so I know which way the grain is running.
Wow I do that also clip a corner, but now its a requirement because I have to get the brisket in that little MES30! LOL

But that cut off makes killer chili!

Last edited:

jrod62

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 13, 2011
Don't let a little snow stop you from using the smoker.....Good way to keep the snow from getting on the smoker. Brisket looks great !

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.