snack stix

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
az

i would fill the water pan the water pan acts as a in direct heater it keeps the heat from going straight up in the middle of the heater and burning your food in the middle it allows the heat to cook the food evenly

debi

i have had wood smokers catch fire before i have a big wood smoker for fish that has caught fire three times and i had to rebuild it the little electric that i took pics of has a metal bottom i have had this smoker for three years now and it has not caught on fire yet thank god fingers crossed someday when i can afford it i would like to get a stainless steel electric smoker i do have several ideas for making a new smoker
salmonclubber

az

i would fill the water pan the water pan acts as a in direct heater it keeps the heat from going straight up in the middle of the heater and burning your food in the middle it allows the heat to cook the food evenly

debi

i have had wood smokers catch fire before i have a big wood smoker for fish that has caught fire three times and i had to rebuild it the little electric that i took pics of has a metal bottom i have had this smoker for three years now and it has not caught on fire yet thank god fingers crossed someday when i can afford it i would like to get a stainless steel electric smoker i do have several ideas for making a new smoker
salmonclubber

I remember when I was a kid....(along time ago in a galaxy far, far, away) my Grandmother lived next door to an old Polish lady that made her own sausage. Now mind you... this old gal was patient and frugal to the max!!!! She used a glass soda bottle (7-up bottle I believe) that had been cut off about 1" up from the bottom and had the edges sanded and polished smooth and she would slide the casing up onto the neck and then stuff the sausage inch by inch into the casing with a stick that was rounded smooth on one end and about a foot long. It looked like an old broom handle cut down. She would spend hours doing that and then she would poke all the air pockets with a needle and then hang them from a wire across her kitchen to air dry for awhile. The bad part is.....I can't remember if she smoked them or not....SMB

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky