Snack sticks please help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

robert kruzan

Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
I am having trouble getting this figured out and will try to explain best I can,I am trying to make snack sticks,I am using a snack sticks kit and 21mm casings,i put in oven at 180 for 4 hours until temp reached around 150 in the center,ok so I cut one open and it looks more like a meatloaf inside then a beef stick can somebody please tell me what is happening?

The first obvious question is going to be are you 100% sure you thermometer  is accurate. If you aren't sure you need to put it in boiling water and it should read about 212 degrees.

did you give the meat time to cure. usually i do an over night cure and what type of meat? fat content? Johnny 5 needs more imput

rbranster is the snackstick king

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky