• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Snack sticks please help

robert kruzan

Joined Mar 11, 2011
I am having trouble getting this figured out and will try to explain best I can,I am trying to make snack sticks,I am using a snack sticks kit and 21mm casings,i put in oven at 180 for 4 hours until temp reached around 150 in the center,ok so I cut one open and it looks more like a meatloaf inside then a beef stick can somebody please tell me what is happening?

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
The first obvious question is going to be are you 100% sure you thermometer  is accurate. If you aren't sure you need to put it in boiling water and it should read about 212 degrees.

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
did you give the meat time to cure. usually i do an over night cure and what type of meat? fat content? Johnny 5 needs more imput

rbranster is the snackstick king

Last edited:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.