snack sticks and chorizo

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by photohap, Aug 21, 2010.

1. photohap

photohap Fire Starter

Ok finally a q-view.  The new grizzly stuffer arrived the other day, it sure makes the task of stuffing sausage so much simpler.

The first day I made some jalapeno/mango sausage in just minutes, no q-view with that.

Then last night I decided to stuff some chorizo and also make some snack sticks.  About 4lbs each.  I used pre-made mixes for this go around from  Hi-country.

Pics to follow.....

The sticks are in the smoker now... will take a pic of final results....

[​IMG][​IMG]

mark

2. rstr hunter

rstr hunter Smoking Fanatic

Those look awesome.  Never tried Chorizo, but would sample those.  Great Q-View.

3. lugnutz

lugnutz Smoking Fanatic

Looks great, I'd love to do snack sticks sometime.  Kids and I are giving brats a try using a kit from Sausage Source.

I don't have a stuffer but my grinder came with tubes for stuffing.  If it works out good I might look into a stuffer later. 

How do you like your new stuffer?

4. photohap

photohap Fire Starter

I love the stuffer.  I have used a grinder to stuff before and a jerky gun, even a horn stuffer.  This vertical saves so much time.  The only downfall to the grizzly is the tubes that come with it are not that long.  The smallest one barely fits the snack stick casings, can only load about 2 feet of casing at a time.

5. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Uh Oh----This is gonna be great!

Great start!

Bear

6. photohap

photohap Fire Starter

The snack sticks turned out really good, not over dry as I have done in the past..

end results...

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Excellent !

Bearcarver

8. lugnutz

lugnutz Smoking Fanatic

mmmmmmmm I gotta try that soon!

9. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Congrats on the new stuffer.You have now opened an endless can of worms on what ingredients to make some fantastic sausage and snack sticks....worms not included.  I bet some people eat worms though  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ooohhhhhh!!!!   Thanks for the qveiw and enjoy

10. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Congrats on the stuffer - you are hooked now!! You will love the mango surprise in the sausage for sure. Those are great looking snack sticks - what recipe did you use?